[mythtv-users] Disable TurboSight IR driver ?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 12:39:02 UTC 2015

On 10 June 2015 at 06:45, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

>>Does anyone know of a way to turn off the IR drivers from TBS and just
>>have the one - that way I'll be certain I'm trying to send to the correct
>>device.
>>
>>Cheers
>
> I have a TBS IR on my 5922 DVB-S2 USB tuner, as well as others on
> other cards, but I use my mceusb one.  So I put these udev rules in my
> /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules file:
>
> # Hauppauge ("SMK Manufacturing, Inc. eHome Infrared Receiver") USB
> MCE remote control IR receiver
> SUBSYSTEM=="input", KERNEL=="event*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0609",
> ATTRS{idProduct}=="031d", SYMLINK+="lirc-mce"
>
> # Hauppauge WinTV Nova TD-500 remote control IR receiver
> SUBSYSTEM=="input", KERNEL=="event*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2040",
> ATTRS{idProduct}=="8400", SYMLINK+="lirc-nova-td-500"
>
> # AverMedia AVerTV DVB-T Volar USB remote control IR receiver
> SUBSYSTEM=="input", KERNEL=="event*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="07ca",
> ATTRS{idProduct}=="b808", SYMLINK+="lirc-volar"
>
> # TBS QBox 5922 USB remote control IR receiver
> SUBSYSTEM=="input", KERNEL=="event*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="734c",
> ATTRS{idProduct}=="5922", SYMLINK+="lirc-tbs-5922"
>
> # Allow MythTV (mythtv group) access to the rtc hardware for
> mythfrontend to use it for timing.
> KERNEL=="rtc0", GROUP="mythtv", MODE="0660"
>
> They allow me to use this line in my /etc/lirc/hardware.conf file to
> use my mceusb IR:
>
> REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc-mce"
>
> I would guess that you would be able to use a rule similar to my 5922
> one, just specifying the model number of your TBS card as the
> idProduct value.  The lsusb command should show the correct numbers,
> and also for your mceusb IR device, presuming that it also is USB, as
> mine is.

As you're using input layer devices (as opposed to native LIRC -
/dev/lirc*), is there something stopping you from using one of the
uniquely-named device nodes[1] in /dev/input/by-id/ that are always
present?

These can be used in your LIRC hardware.conf file directly and
completely[2] remove the need for managing udev rules to rename input
layer devices.

Unlike the standard /dev/event* nodes, the /dev/input/y-id/ nodes also
don't change name/order depending on which input devices are plugged
in.

  [1] they're really just symlinks to the relevant /dev/event* nodes
  [2] unless you want absolute control over node names

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott