[mythtv-users] HDPVR IR blaster slow

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Jun 19 07:12:23 UTC 2015

I am almost done building out my new capture setup (going from HDHR Prime
on cable, to 4xHDPVR on fiber IPTV).

My channel change script works great, except it seems as though the HDPVR
is adding a 1 second delay to every irsend command.  I removed all sleep
statements from my script and it made no difference.

Does anyone know anything i can do to speed this up?

It appears that the delay is in the beginning...as I run the irsend and
it's almost a second before I see the emitter flash.  Perhaps I can tell
irsend not to wait on completion before sending the next button press?