[mythtv-users] multi-camera TV recordings?

José Oliver Segura primijos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 21:45:44 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Does anybody know if it's possible to record and play files with more than
one video stream in them?

I'm trying to figure out how to record and play "multi-camera" shows
(mainly sports/motor events). I receive them via IPTV, each camera has its
own multicast address and I've done some experiments in order to use avconv
+ the external recorder option (through a custom script) available in
mythtv to make all those independent channels look like a single channel
with multiple video streams in it.

The problem is that the final step would be to be able to cycle among those
video streams when playing back the recorded file, but I can't find any
information about whether tha'ts possible or not in mythtv. I know
dvd/blueray playback has some sort of multi-angle support, but I can't find
nothing similar regarding recorded TV.

Any hint?

Best,
Jose