[mythtv-users] Netflix and Mythtv

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 16 15:10:58 UTC 2015

On 06/15/2015 06:02 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> On Jun 15, 2015 6:00 PM, "Daryl McDonald" <darylangela at gmail.com
> <mailto:darylangela at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Ubuntu can get mouse control from the numbers on the key board.
> Could this be an avenue into mouse by numbers on a remote?
> >
> > On Jun 15, 2015 4:56 PM, "John Marshall" <mythtv at marshallparty.org
> <mailto:mythtv at marshallparty.org>> wrote:

> suggested at:

> works fine

> I just
> (even without

> the right

> There

> http://lifehacker.com/flix-plus-customizes-netflix-to-your-hearts-desire-1640968001
> >>
> >> This plugin adds keyboard controls.  I played around with getting
> my remote to control it using keypresses, and it mostly worked, but
> the Netflix interface still gets in the way at times.  I don't know if
> their new version rolling out soon will be any better or not.
> >>
> >> Another alternative is Kodi's plugin, which reduces the need to
> control Chrome because only playback happens there.
> Browsing/selecting titles is done in Kodi.
> >> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211574

> Apologies for previous top post

How about the "ORTEK" remote? It emulates a keyboard and mouse via a USB
interface. The mouse control is a bit awkward but it works for simple
tasks. The remote has a round rubber thing that moves the mouse
depending where it is pressed, plus the remote has left and right mouse
buttons. I am using these remotes for my myth frontends and not using
the mouse integration for much, but it does work for the occasional
logon, logoff or other mouse action as needed. They are available for
around $15 from Amazon.com or newegg.com.

Peter