[mythtv-users] Netflix and Mythtv

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Jun 15 20:41:07 UTC 2015

> Let me start by saying I have read and tried the methods suggested at:
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Netflix_Native_Integration
>
> I am running mythtv 0.27.4 and lirc 0.90 on Debian Unstable.
> I run mythfrontend standalone (with no window manager). This works fine
> with my lircrc file.
>
> I can get mythtv to launch Google Chrome to the Netflix site, I just
> can't get the remote to actually function in Chrome window (even without
> a window manager a mouse and keyboard still work fine).
>
> I was wondering if anyone had an lircrc file that worked for both
> mythfrontend and chrome ... or if someone could point me in the right
> direction to get this functioning.

The real problem is that Netflix is not an accessible interface.  There is
virtually no support for keyboards.

I have tinkered with hacking together a Chrome plugin that would add a
cursor and support for the arrow keys, but it proved to be far more
difficult than I had expected due to the way the pages are generated.

I have no doubt it could be done... but not easily.