[mythtv-users] Cheap frontend for HD

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 12:34:41 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 2:09 AM, paul <thannet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  All very interesting. Perhaps if there was enough willing to support the
>> Pi with some cash, then you never now there may be someone to take on the
>> challenge.
>>
>> I have tried Kodi, worked quite well, but the interface was too much of a
>> culture change for all of us in the house. At vote was taken, and we all
>> prefer the simple familiar Mythfrontend.
>>

> I just forced it. You get used to it.

Everyone can use what they like I have added a Pi 2 to the mix and so far
it works pretty well for what it is.  I use Kodi for all the frontends and
its been discussed ad nausem but I can set up kodi with all the bells and
whistles using openelec in less then 15-20min.  It does take some getting
use to and is different for sure but for me its my frontend of choice.