[mythtv-users] Missing Thumbnails in Mythweb

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 22:53:49 UTC 2015

On 06/14/2015 05:26 PM, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 6/14/2015 2:53 PM, Mike Holden wrote:
>> On 14 June 2015 at 04:42, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com
>> <mailto:t004 at kbocek.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     I couldn't get this to work. For this set of files in storage:
>>
>>     5072_20150506215900.mpg
>>     5072_20150506215900.mpg.-1.100x75.png
>>     5072_20150506215900.mpg.png
>>
>>     I manually created this URL:
>>
>>     http://MyServer:6544/Content/GetPreviewImage?ChanId=5702&StartTime=2015-05-06T21:59:00Z&Height=120&Width=160
>>
>>     And got nothing.
>>
>>     http://MyServer:6544 *is* working
>>

>> Are you aware you have 5072 in the filenames, and 5702 in the link for the
>> chanid? Not sure if one or the other is a typo in the email, or if you've
>> transcribed them in your work?
>>

> Intentional. Some recordings on channel 72 (TV Land), some on 702 (KTVU).
> Coincidence.

But unless there's a recording at exactly the same time, you
must use 5072 for this preview. I'd have expected to see
something in the BE log for this:

     ... HttpServer50 services/content.cpp:524 (GetPreviewImage) - GetPreviewImage: No recording ...

Also, the initial lookup is in the DB, which now stores the starttime (and others)
in UTC. Hopefully you used a recording that already displays a preview for your
1st attempt (as suggested.) After you know that the GetPreviewImage endpoint works,
then looking for your old (non preview generating) image based on the filename means
that you'll have to adjust the filename's timestamp to UTC, remembering to include
DST in that adjustment. Or, you can get it out of the DB or use:

     MyServer:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedList

from you browser and use its search feature to find the recording and get the
timestamp from there.

--
Bill