[mythtv-users] Playback looks at screensize not at monitor or windowsize

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 00:56:54 UTC 2015

Hoi Hika,

Friday, June 12, 2015, 2:00:30 AM, you wrote:

> Hoi All,

>  I recently got a new extra monitor for my workcomputer and was
>  experimenting with displaying mythtv on there. The configuration is
>  two monitors (1920x1080 and 1600x1200) in one screen (3520x1200)
>  I have tried both displaying mythtv in a full window on the new
>  screen and in a smaller one 1280x720. Everything goes ok until I try
>  playback, either live or recorded. I get a display with 16:9
>  stretched out to 3520:1200 or 44:15. It seems Mythtv looks at the
>  screen size and not at the monitor or window size.
>  I set up the windowsize in Screen Settings with "Use GUI size for TV
>  playback" checked. Above there I now can select which screen to
>  display on (0, 1 or All) but of cause they are all the same, the
>  monitors are organized in one screen. Also I can select an aspect
>  ratio (16:9, 16:10 and 4:3) bot not 44:15. It actually says there it
>  cannot query a xinerama display and I should specify it, which I can
>  understand. But I cannot, for the right values are missing.
>  Could  this field be split in two or to some running percentage, so
>  you can specify something? The three possibilities are nonsense for a
>  xinerama display, it will always be two or more monitors linked
>  together. Either that or it should look at the GUI setting for the
>  aspect ratio.

>   I can get a somewhat
>  decent display by falsely telling the 16:9 picture is 4:3.

I found the solution. I suddenly remembered you can adjust settings
through mythweb. I set XineramaMonitorAspectRatio to 2.933333
It now shows up like that in The Screen Setting. But you still can not
edit it there. It should be a free fill field.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop