[mythtv-users] Channel Icons

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Jun 5 23:51:57 UTC 2015

> So really, when the icons were retrieved they were improperly stored with
> the full path in the database. Sounds like it could be a mythtv-setup bug.
>
> Karl

I'm sure that the upgrade to 0.27 strips the path from the channel icons
in the database. I don't remember doing it manually in mythtv-setup. Maybe
I did!

I decided that rather than rely on some builtin that I couldn't see, I
created a new storage group in mythtv-setup (called 'ChannelIcons'), well
away from any home directory so I knew what was where! I populated it with
all the icons I had scattered over several directories and everything just
worked!

I've been doing rescans and generally finding out what channels I can
actually receive over the last few days (found about 10 new ones) as I
hadn't updated the system for a couple of years and getting the new icons
and dropping them into the single place that *I* had decided on gave me a
good result for all frontends and mythweb.

I did find that the cache that mythweb creates didn't refresh in the way I
was happy with so I cleared it and refreshed the browser and the directory
contents was re-populated cleanly (and hence weeded out all the old stale
icons).

--
Robin Gilks