[mythtv-users] Channel Icons

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 19:20:23 UTC 2015

On 06/05/2015 01:48 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> No joy.  I looked at the wiki and added the symlink (ln -s /home/myuser/.mythtv/channels /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels).  I restarted the
> frontend and backend, but still no channel icons in the frontend.  They show up fine in mythweb.  Are they suppose to show up in the frontend?

Here's a couple of tools to see if things are OK:

 From SQL:

     SELECT chanid,callsign,icon FROM channel ORDER BY chanid;

Expect to see the filenames of the icons, not full paths.

 From a browser:

     <yourBackend>:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=1051

Expect to see an icon displayed.

The icons don't need to be copied to any frontends.

--
Bill