[mythtv-users] Anyone Using LIRC on CentOS 6.6?

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Jun 4 14:27:24 UTC 2015

On 6/3/2015 11:24 PM, Alec Leamas wrote:

> Anyway, you really need to disable the kernel decoding if you want to
> use lirc. What kind of write error did " echo -- 'lirc' >
> /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols" give? Does /sys/class/rc/rc0 exist? Did
> you forget to do it as root (permission problem)?"

A write error. No I was doing it as root.

$ cat /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
[rc-5] [nec] [rc-6] [jvc] [sony] [lirc]

The mental shift here that was unclear to me is that with 0.9.0 I need
to move to the devinput interface from the LIRC interface I used with
0.8.7. My /etc/sysconfig/lirc:

LIRC_DRIVER="devinput"
LIRC_DEVICE="/dev/input/event14"

Now I think there is a udev rule I can provide to create a more stable
device name.