[mythtv-users] Anyone Using LIRC on CentOS 6.6?

Roald roalda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:27:48 UTC 2015

You're right, I misread.

I also have another frontend with Centos 6 and a MCE USB from an old
Hauppauge card.

To get this working on Centos 6, I think I had to downgrade to lircd 0.8.7
and in /etc/rc.d/rc.local i put something like this:

echo none +lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

service lircd stop && rmmod mceusb && rmmod lirc_mceusb && modprobe
lirc_mceusb && service lircd restart

I am at work, and the frontend is off, so I cannot verify everything now,
but if you want to try this just pm me any question.

Regards Roald Amundsen