[mythtv-users] How to import channels.conf?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 12:22:59 UTC 2015

Hoi Phill,

> I've just created a nice new channels.conf file and set off to import it
> into a new MythBackend I'm setting up. Problem is that I can't find
> anywhere to import channels.conf. The page at
> http://www.havetheknowhow.com/Install-the-software/MythTV-no-channels-found.html
> says:

> 1) Go into the MythTV Backend Setup and select Input connections from the
> menu.
> 2) Click on the Scan for Channels button.
> 3) Next, select the Import Channels.conf option from the Scan Type: box

> But my Mythbuntu backend doesn't have the option in import channels.conf.
> Has this been discontinued or something?

I'm not sure, but I think it is an sql import script. I used it 2
years ago in 0.26, but I seem to remember that I heard that the needed
option was removed in 0.27. So any import needs to be done directly
into mysql, either using the commandline or phpmyadmin.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop