[mythtv-users] Undo 14.04 LTS update

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Jul 29 23:32:32 UTC 2015

Greetings all

Since I've not had a problem with it on a couple of *buntu installs, I
updated my Mythbuntu frontend with the "LTS Enablement Stacks" and its a
disaster :(

The box randomly gets into a stuttering state that requires a reboot to
fix it during which time it runs much hotter.

I'm pretty sure the kernel upgrade is OK (fixes USB3 mceusb remote issues)
but the xserver and mesa updates seem to be what has broken things.

The original update was
"sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-utopic
xserver-xorg-lts-utopic libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-utopic
libegl1-mesa-drivers-lts-utopic"

I've no idea how I find out what was originally installed so how do I
revert everything bar the kernel?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks