[mythtv-users] ECS Liva stuttering on some Channels

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Jul 29 15:25:45 UTC 2015

On 7/29/2015 7:29 AM, Tom Bishop wrote:

> I've been quite on this but thought I would chime in since I am not
> running mythfrontend but running openelec w/ Kodi.  I too have a liva
> that I have been testing with, I would see the flashing also but I
> haven't had the time to sort it out and figure out what the issues
> were.  I had this on the family TV but had to put the pi2 back in
> service since its much more stable and works better.
>
> The Liva has lots of potential but their appear to still be some
> issues with the Intel video, I've tried different vaapi options but
> never was able to nail down the issues.  It's much faster then the PI
> 2 with menu's etc but not near as polished.  I will try to spend some
> more time testing with it to see if I can figure out what the issues
> are and see if we can make some progress.

This is Fedora based but it talks about installing a repo to 01.org, the
Intel open source graphics site:

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/37594/install-intel-graphics-driver-in-fedora-20/

The Intel Site:

https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads

 From their Fedora repo I was able to install a bunch of libva stuff:

# vainfo
error: can't connect to X server!
libva info: VA-API version 0.37.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_37
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 0.37 (libva 1.5.1)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver for Intel(R) Bay Trail - 1.5.1
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
       VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointEncSlice
       VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointEncSlice
       VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSlice
       VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
       VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
       VAProfileH264StereoHigh         : VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileVC1Simple              : VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileVC1Main                : VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileVC1Advanced            : VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileNone                   : VAEntrypointVideoProc
       VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointVLD

I haven't gotten as far as getting X up but the MPEG and H264 looks
promising.