[mythtv-users] './mythconverg/recordedseek' is marked as crashed

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Jul 29 05:32:09 UTC 2015

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 07:13:23 +0200, you wrote:

>Hoi Mike,

>Although I still don't know what caused the problem, I have it working
>again.
>I exported the databases (I have two others).
>removed mysql
>moved the database directory, just in case
>emerged mariadb
>configured/optimized mariadb
>imported the databases
>created the users
>
>And everything is working again. And actually beter. I had performance
>problems since May, which seems gone! And watching goes OK without the
>recordseek table being filled. So I let it getting filled on use.
>
>Thanks!

Where recordedseek is needed is when jumping around in a recording. If
you are just playing it (and not needing to skip past ads), you should
not have any problems.  And it also depends on the type of recording.
If it does not have variable bit rate encoding, then jumping around
should work reasonably without recordedseek data.

If you use mythcommflag --rebuild rather than do the commercial skip
processing, the rebuilding time is not very long for each program,
probably only a minute or two, so it might be worthwhile doing that.
Doing full commercial skip processing on a full set of recordings
might take weeks.