[mythtv-users] Wrong PMT

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Jul 27 20:59:20 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 5:39 AM, Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com> wrote:

> ---- On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 09:42:40 +0100 Stuart Auchterlonie<stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote ----
>  > On 26/07/15 18:34, Tim Draper wrote:
>  > > I keep getting the following message in the FE logs which i think might be the problem to some random and intermittent livetv playback issues.
>  > >
>  > > DTVSigMon[3](/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0): Wrong PMT; pmt->pn(6033) desired(6031)

I was getting messages like that late last year:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/580329?do=post_view_flat#580329

The discussion continued off list.  I meant to send the conclusion to
the list, but it looks like I only sent it to some.   I'll post it
here anyway.

The upshot was that these errors seemed to be a red herring.  There
may have been some transient signal strength issues, but the tuning
problems I was having went away even though the errors did not (at
that time).  I haven't had a wrong PMT message in the log in months
now, but it wasn't anything I did to fix the problem.

Eric