[mythtv-users] How do I undelete a recorded show?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Jul 26 23:02:39 UTC 2015

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 17:02:08 +0100, you wrote:

>Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com> wrote:
>
>> Now, what do I do to create a "Deleted" group?
>
>It appears automatically when there are programs in it.
>
>There is a setting, don't know where it is in the setup screens, but it's DeletedMaxAge in MythWeb. This sets the time (in days) before deleted recordings are actually physically deleted. IIRC when set to zero, they will be deleted immediately.
>Unless you are particularly short on space, then I'd suggest making sure it's set to at least a few days - to give you this "oops I didn't mean to do that" recovery option.
>
>Even if you are short of storage space, IIRC the system will remove deleted programs before it removes anything else if it needs extra space.
>
>Looking in MythWeb I see there's a AutoExpireInsteadOfDelete setting, but I don't know what it does - beyond the obvious implied by it's name.

Even when it is set to delete "immediately", I believe you have 15-20
minutes before the actual delete happens.

There is also a third place to do undeletes from.  Information Centre
> System Status > (6th tab) AutoExpire List.  If you have lots of
recordings that are set to autoexpire, there may be a significant
delay when you move from the "Machine Status" tab to the "AutoExpire
List" tab, when mythfrontend will not be responsive.  Do not hit any
more keys or they will be executed when it has finished building the
list and finally displays it.  Deleted recordings appear at the top of
the list before everything that is set to autoexpire.  Go down to the
list, select a file and hit Enter to get a menu with the options
Delete Now, Undelete, No Change.  The Delete Now option is useful if
you have deleted a recording (which puts it on this list to be deleted
later), but you want it actually deleted now so that the space is
immediately available.  Perhaps you have some other use of the same
partition (eg video files) and want the space for copying on a file.