[mythtv-users] How to configure HDHomeRun 4DC (DVB-C)

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Sun Jul 26 19:08:31 UTC 2015

Hi

The HDHomeRun 4DC has 4 dvb-c tuners.

These are detected and proposed in mythtv-setup when I try to add a
tuner. I can watch TV with the VLC player (without sound, but I haven't
investigated further, as I plan to use the tuners in MythTV).

I have created a new input-connection with the first tuner but I can't
scan for channels, and don't have a clue why.

The cable provider mentions those settings to start a scan:

Network-ID : 43019
Frequency : 426 MHz ou 426000 kHz (I know it must be 426000000 in
mythtv-setup)
Modulation : QAM64
Symbolrate : 6900

I tried to scan with the option 'complete scan (adjusted)', and the
start frequency given by the cable provider (UPC Cablecom in
Switzerland). It is the only option that find channels, but only 11.
With my other dvb-c tuner, I get over 100.

Is there something special to do with a HDHomeRun to get all available
channels ?

I would be glad to update the wiki page with the dvb-c special stuff,
once I have got my HDHomeRun working.

Thanks and regards
Yann Lehmann