[mythtv-users] Wrong PMT

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sun Jul 26 17:34:55 UTC 2015

I keep getting the following message in the FE logs which i think might be the problem to some random and intermittent livetv playback issues.

DTVSigMon[3](/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0): Wrong PMT; pmt->pn(6033) desired(6031)

the /dev/dvd/adapterX... changes depending which tuner livetv gets assigned to, so am confident it's livetv related.
A quick search shows i need to kill all tuner related info, explicitly the transport level stuff which i've done - I used 'delete all tuners on system' in mythtv-setup, and also removed all video sources. Re-adding and re-scanning all data has not removed the wrong PMT errors however.

I'm using the TBS6981 with the OSS kernel drivers.

Is there anything more i need to do or missed to get rid of these errors? It'd be good to get rid of the errors to hopefully fix the livetv issue i'm getting.