[mythtv-users] LIRC not detecting certain keypresses with MCE remotes (modifiers?)

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 14:43:56 UTC 2015

On 23/07/15 14:18, Nick Morrott wrote:

> Do newer versions of LIRC (I'm currently tied to 0.9.x on Debian)

ouch... that's old...

> recognise this invalid configuration and refuse to start?

Newer uopstream version does not use hardware.conf at all. The
configuration is heavily revised, partly to fit the default systemd
setup. BTW, hardware.conf has never been upstreamed, it's a
debian/ubuntu thing only.

While there is no real checking, I don't think getting this kind of
config is likely using the documentation and tools available.

Cheers!

--alec