[mythtv-users] [Bulk] mythnetvision - unable to view certain channels

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu Jul 16 14:20:22 UTC 2015

On 16/07/15 15:04, Tim Draper wrote:

> ---- On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 14:58:07 +0100 Paul Harrison<mythtv at sky.com> wrote ----
>   >
>   > MythNetvision currently doesn't have a dev to look after it so it's
>   > development has all but stopped. It just needs someone to look at the
>   > grabber scripts (which I believe are all python scripts) and update them
>   > so they work with any API or website changes the various sources are now
>   > using.
>   >
>   > If no one steps forward it's highly likely it will be dropped before
>   > 0.28 is released.
>   >
>   > Paul H.
>
> Thanks for the info - I didn't realise it was currently unmaintained.
> It's starting to look like i'll end up with an amazon firestick or something to get streamed content..

Crazy idea if it's something you use why not give something back to the
project and look at fixing the scripts :)

Honestly it's not rocket science they are after all just python scripts
that you can edit using a text editor no re-compiling involved. Most of
the work has already been done it just requires working out what has
changed to break the scripts.

Paul H.