[mythtv-users] FIOS copy protecting national Fox channels

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 05:01:55 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 11:07 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 09:07:15PM -0400, Kris Jensen wrote:

> > > gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com

> services

> > > corporate.

> > > networks.
> > >
> > > I think that's rather short sighted of you.  I don't expect Fox to
> > > change their position, but the more push back they get, the less
> > > likely another content provider will do the same.
> >
> > Perhaps it is short sighted. However it is fox and I feel by voicing my
> > dissatisfaction about their choice limiting their content. They may get
> the
> > wild assumption I enjoy their content.
>
> It doesn't really matter that *you* don't enjoy their content.  They
> *are* still taking away some of your freedom.  First they came for the
> Fox channels, and I did not speak out...
>
> David
> --
> David Engel
> david at istwok.net

However , "They" are fox and only fox. And from the Verizon response you
posted:

" > Sorry for the inconvenience, after doing some digging around we
  > found that the copy-once was implemented on those national services
  > at provider request."

So the provider (fox) requested the "One Copy" flag not Verizon or any
other content provider, just fox.

And if there is a day when fox run's the media and media providers.(
Mr.Merdoch wet dream, I bet )  That's the day I pull the plug on TV for
good.

Kris.