[mythtv-users] lirc upside down

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 02:04:08 UTC 2015

Hoi All,

I encountered a weird thing with lirc. For some time I have had
trouble for lirc to react after a reboot. But since I normally suspend
the frontend and I don't have trouble then I have mostly ignored it.
This time the frontend was very stubborn. If I rebooted without
starting mythtv and X it works, but as soon as I start the frontend it
stops working. With or without irexec.

The receiver is a homebrew running with lirc-serial and thus
/dev/lirc0. Also lirc-dev is from lirc. I disabled it in the kernel.
Lirc is version 0.9.0-r5
The frontend is version 0.27.5-p20150627 from Gentoo

The weird part comes now. I suddenly thought, lets suspend and wake
the machine ... and ... it suddenly works?

What does mythfrontend do with lirc on startup, that makes it stop
working and is fixed by the partial reinstallation on resume?

--
Tot Mails,
 Hika                          mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
Mijn Mailadres is gewijzigd. Zie hierboven!

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens