[mythtv-users] best current RedHat-based distro for simple MythTV

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:45:40 UTC 2015

To add to Gary's comments,

I don't have very many issues running MythTV on Fedora 21 currently. I
would have upgraded to F22 already but RPM Fusion is undergoing
infrastructure changes to bring it up to date and it has taken MUCH longer
than thought so my plan is to stick with F21 until RPM Fusion officially
branches for F22.

It's also worth mentioning I'm the current MythTV package maintain at RPM
Fusion. Prior to EL7 releasing I was trying to get working packages going
for EL6 but when the QT requirement changed from 4.6 to 4.8 (IIRC) it was
no longer possible. I have since spent some time looking at EPEL 7 but just
don't have the time right now.

Thanks,
Richard