[mythtv-users] Issues with my HDHomerun: Resource temporarily unavailable

Buck Huppmann buckh at pobox.com
Sun Jul 12 01:52:03 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 03, 2015 at 09:35:36PM -0500, Andrew C. (AFPup) Stadt wrote:

> If its powered by a wall-wart, that is exactly the behaviour I'd expect
> from the power supply. Just unexplainable failures at random intervals.

Thanks for all the folks who weighed in on this thread a while ago.
I'm just following up with this report of my own similar experience to
help other Googlers find their way to this answer

Long story short:  HDHomeRun tuner went kaput, with all lights out, and
digging up a wall wart (5 V, 2.0 Amp max, to replace the 5 V, 2.1 Amp mx
one it came with, and it just so happened to have the same size and
polarit plug) from my junk pile in the basement, tuner is now back to
normal

Longer story:

Started with certain channels until tonight, when i checked and all my
recordings, even on the channels that had still been recording and play-
ing Live TV, were empty

My mythtv setup just started getting flaky, recording-wise, and dialing
up Live TV.  In the latter case, only one channel (channel 7) would play
in the Preview display of the Guide, and selecting other channels would
result in that display just going blank.  Until tonight, when selecting
the Live TV menu item wouldn't even bring up the Guide, and i'd land
right back a the Main Menu

As for recordings, when i'd select a Recording to watch from something
(supposedly) recorded in the last few days, i'd either get a red X that
would show up on the screen saying the file was missing or i'd get a half
second of something that looked like the movie poster of Pinky Floyd's
The Wall and then the dialog that appears at the end of a recording giving
me the choice to Save or Delete it, as if i'd watched a normal recording
to its conclusion

Except for the recordings from that one channel that was still showing
up in Live TV (channel 7_1):  They were there just fine.  Until tonight,
when those recordings were similarly missing

That's when i noticed that all the lights were out on the HDHomeRun

Log messages (/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log) looked like

Jul 11 21:02:41 mythbox mythbackend: mythbackend[2345]: I TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:3603 (TuningCheckForHWChange) TVRec[1]: HW Tuner: 1->1
Jul 11 21:02:41 mythbox mythbackend: mythbackend[2345]: E TVRecEvent recorders/hdhrstreamhandler.cpp:380 (TunerGet) HDHRSH(FFFFFFFF-0): Get request failed#012#011#011#011eno: Resource temporarily unavailable (11)
Jul 11 21:02:41 mythbox mythbackend: mythbackend[2345]: E TVRecEvent recorders/hdhrstreamhandler.cpp:419 (TunerSet) HDHRSH(FFFFFFFF-0): Set request failed#012#011#011#011eno: Resource temporarily unavailable (11)