[mythtv-users] how properly to rescan channels

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 19:54:40 UTC 2015

Hoi UB40D,

Saturday, July 11, 2015, 9:49:45 PM, you wrote:

>> Once a channel scan is successful, what else needs to be done to have the

>> > channels entered in the database?
>> > I don't recall ever doing anything special when I did this other times.
>>

>> Are the channels in the same video source you have linked to your
>> hardware in input connections?
>>

> I don't claim ever to have understood this fully, but I thought they were.

> 2.capture cards
> I have two of those
> /dev/dvb/adapterX/frontend0 for X in [0, 1]

> 4. video sources
> I have one of these
> EIT

> 5. input connections
> I have two of those
> [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0] (dvbinput) -> EIT
> [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0] (dvbinput) -> EIT

> When I did the channel scan, the "video source" field was EIT.

> All this looks to me pretty much the same as when the system last worked.

> Are they linked or not? If not, what else should I do?

It looks like they are, but for some reason the channels don't show
up. I suggest following John and Mike's suggestion. Start afresh!
Remove all inputs and sources and recreate them from scratch. It will
automatically remove any wrong setting causing this.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop