[mythtv-users] how properly to rescan channels

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 11 18:20:49 UTC 2015

> What's the proper way to start from a clean slate?
>>>

>>  To clear out everything, go to Sources and do "Delete all sources" NOT
> "Delete all sources on this host". That should nuke all your channel
> information. Then recreate the source(s) as new.
>
> Then go and do your scans and you should not get any overlapping channel
> information, so should not get any obscure dialogs.

OK, I'm going down this route, though I have the feeling I'm digging myself
into a deeper and deeper hole ;-)

I've deleted both cards.
Recreated both cards, including redefining their recording options and LNB.
Then, in input connections, connected them to EIT.
Then, in channel editor, attempted a channel scan and...
...failed to find any channels (ie worse than before).

Tracked this down to the fact that, in 2.capture cards, the options I set
for recording options and especially LNB don't seem to be remembered!

In other words

2. capture cards
dvb /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
diseqc (switch, lnb and rotor configuration)

...at this point it will say (unconnected), even if previously I had just
defined it as lnb.
If I redefine it as LNB, select the right preset etc etc and press FINISH,
when I go back up one screen it correctly says LNB. But when I ESC to the
next screen up and then go back in, it says (unconnected).

What am I doing wrong this time?