[mythtv-users] Fix found for IR receiver with mceusb in newer kernels

Yianni yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 6 08:27:00 UTC 2015

>> I don't follow - I compiled using the same options, as far as I can
>> tell, that my kernel was compiled with (which contained the files in
>> /sys/class/rc). Then I did a make install and make modules_install.
>> What module should have I compiled that would have caused files to be
>> created in /sys/class/rc?
>
> Before 'make modules_install' you have to run 'make modules'

Even better, the config files of each kernel version are kept in /boot (in openSuSe, at least).
Copy your previous one to your kernel sources top folder and rename it to ".config".
You can edit it to change the CONFIG_LOCALVERSION variable to something different,
so that it doesn't overlap with your normal distribution versions.
Then run make, make modules, make install, make modules_install.

In opensuse and I guess in other rpm based distros you can run 'make rpm' which takes
care of all those steps and creates a package in /usr/src/pachages/RPMS/'architecture (e.g x86_64)'
which you can then install with the package manager.

Yianni.