[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.27.04 kills video playback with Radeon 7750?

Eric B bernhart2002 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 00:17:00 UTC 2015

>I've seen a few posts about a 'no video playback' issue but these seem to
be related to earlier versions of ubuntu.

What driver are you using? the open source driver or the AMD driver?

The open source driver is much better, you but probably need to to install
the VDPAU kernel module to get it working well with mythtv.

there are directions in the wiki about how to do it.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU

but the short version to get it working in ubuntu 14.04 is

 sudo apt-get install mesa-vdpau-drivers vdpauinfo

then test is with

vdpauinfo

from there all you need to do setup the video play back in mythtv to vpdauu

Anyhow let me know if you have more problems and I'll try to walk you
through it.