[mythtv-users] Emergency video debug

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri Jan 30 06:22:36 UTC 2015

On 01/29/15 06:23 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
> Have you tried real simple stuff like unplugging and replugging the hdmi cable?

  If the card has a fan, check to make sure it is still working.  I've had
problems with the video card not working, and investigation revealed that the
fan had seized up or spun slowly.

  Since my FE doesn't do much beyond act as a FE, I was able to cobble together
a different fan for the cpu to keep things cool (it helped that since it was
only an FE, the slots adjacent to the video card are empty so a slightly larger
fan did not interfere with anything)