[mythtv-users] MythExport

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Fri Jan 30 05:15:30 UTC 2015

On 30/01/2015 3:46 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 10:23 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com
> <mailto:thomas at mashos.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Anthony Giggins
>     <seven at seven.dorksville.net <mailto:seven at seven.dorksville.net>>
>     wrote:
>     >
>     > I imagine that "sudo apt-get install mythexport" would fail
>     similarly unless
>     > I make corrections somewhere ?mkdir? maybe?
>     > I've drag n dropped files out of mythtv before but it is
>     anything but
>     > elegant. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to make corrections
>     which would
>     > allow me to install mythexport and there by move files
>     properly?  TIA
>     > Daryl.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > you dont mention what version of ubunutu/mythbuntu your running (I'm
>     > guessing Trusty (14.04) from the version its installing, you
>     could download
>     > the package from
>     > http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/amd64/mythexport/download
>     >
>     > and extract the files manually, perhaps the installation script
>     has invalid
>     > mkdir syntax
>     >
>     >
>     > mythtv-users mailing list
>     > mythtv-users at mythtv.org <mailto:mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>     > http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
>     > MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>     >

>     No, it's likely at some point he fed it an empty dir string. At least
>     that is what the developer told me.
>
>     Try this.
>
>     "sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythexport"
>

>     --
>     Thanks,
>
>     Thomas Mashos
>

> Thanks Thomas, I tried it and got a report that mythexport was broken
> or not fully installed, this after removing from Software Centre, so I
> "sudo apt-get install mythexport" which failed and I tried your
> suggestion again, the following shows the failure and subsequent attempt:
>
>  Setting up mythexport (2.2.4-0ubuntu2) ...
> mkdir: missing operand
> Try 'mkdir --help' for more information.
> dpkg: error processing package mythexport (--configure):
>  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
> status 1
> Setting up libpackage-stash-xs-perl (0.28-1) ...
> Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-0ubuntu6.5) ...
>  mythexport
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythexport
> /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: mythexport is broken or not fully installed
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$
>
> Any other ideas?

Try removing mythexport once again, then run this command (to purge out
any config files from mythexport and any other packages that have left
stuff behind.

     sudo apt-get autoremove
     sudo apt-get remove --purge $(sudo dpkg -l | grep "^rc" | awk
'{print $2}' | tr '\n' ' ')

After that, try reinstalling mythexport.