[mythtv-users] hp media center remote

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 02:52:25 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Mitchell Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyone able to get this remote to work with LIRC?  I am running MythBuntu
> and the Windows Media Center profile doesnt work.
>
> mine is remote "2" in this picture:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00844678

Here's how to test low-level lirc functionality:
Run irw, press buttons.

[mythtv at ion ~]$ irw
000000037ff07bde 00 RIGHT mceusb
000000037ff07bdb 00 DVD mceusb
000000037ff07bdc 00 BACK mceusb
000000037ff07bd9 00 Guide mceusb

The important part is that you get output, and the remote config it is
using ("mceusb").
Confirm that you're using the lirc protocol.

[mythtv at ion ~]$ cat /sys/class/lirc/lirc0/device/protocols
other unknown rc-5 nec rc-6 jvc sony rc-5-sz sanyo sharp mce_kbd [lirc] xmp

I'm using #2 as a replacement for my worn-out Asrock ION 330 remote. It
works fine with the standard mceusb lircd.conf. There's no specific menu
button, so I use the "DVD menu" button for that.