[mythtv-users] HDMI on Liva ECS

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 22:09:56 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Hika,
>
> Sunday, January 25, 2015, 7:55:24 PM, you wrote:
>
> You  might also have to set something like below as boot parameters on
> your videodriver:
>
> modeset=1 video=HDMI-0:e
>
> Where  e  stands  for enable and d for disable. For the naming of your
> ports you have to look in dmesg. They differ a bit for every card.

Thanks Hika.  Just putting in the modeset/video got me to the point  where
I have HDMI output after boot.  While looking in dmesg for the port name, I
saw a bunch of errors saying the EDID checksum is invalid, which I'm
guessing is why it decided not to activate the port.

At least I'm not at a dead end now.  Now to investigate that error.  If
there's not an easy fix, there's surely a way for me to get the EDID info
by connecting directly to the TV and then using that to force the
configuration when connecting through the receiver.

-Jerry