[mythtv-users] Can't read first 2048

Mike B yp_38 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 08:31:02 UTC 2015

On 1/24/2015 3:06 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Mike,
>
> Sounds  to  me  like  a  rights  issue.  Do  you  have your recordings
> directory  mounted on the frontend through nfs? And if so can the user
> you use on your frontend read those recordings there?
> Or did you change to another user on your frontend?
>

> Tot mails,
>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

I am not using an NFS.  I've got a Mythbuntu backend without anything
fancy.  I've got two drives that are used for storing videos, and that's
managed through storage groups.  My frontend uses the normal mythtv user
and password.  The directories used for the storage groups are owned
(owner and group) by the mythtv user.  I just double-checked, and
discovered that some of the files (including the movie I had trouble
watching referenced in my original post) had a user and group of the
login user on the backend.  I assume this is because I copied the file
from my desktop PC where I ripped it from DVD.  I've fixed those
permissions. However, that movie is still giving me the "Could not read
first 2048" message.  I did scan for changes before testing that.

However, the permissions on the livetv directories are all set to
mythtv, so I don't think that is the problem there.

Mike B.