[mythtv-users] Mythtv gentoo question

david brooke david2012brooke at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 12:38:45 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 7:32 AM, david brooke <david2012brooke at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 12:46 AM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
> wrote:

>> overnight I noticed that the memory usage increased from 350M to over 1G.
>> What can I do to limit the memory usage? I will post my info over on Gentoo
>> forums and add that url here.

>> 6-12m ago there were a couple of memory leaks found and fixed. Perhaps you
>> are running older version?
>> >
>> > Do you know when that was?
>> >
>> From a quick search it looks like the stuff I remember was early June
>> 2014, around 27.2.
>>
>> The bigger leaks were in Master but there were a couple of small leaks in
>> 0.27 as well.
>>
>> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2014-June/364739.html
>>
>> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2014-June/364764.html
>>

> Here is the Mythtv version I'm using: media-tv/mythtv-0.27.4_p20141018
>
> I did another gentoo install with just KDE and Mythtv and still have the
memory issue.
The process I use:
Start Mythtv and goto the watch tv recordings - memory = 350M
Select recording to watch - memory increases =375M
Exit recording after about a minute of viewing - memory = 370M
Select recording to watch - memory increases =421M
I continue this for a few more recordings and the memory continues to
increase to 550M in just 5 minutes.