[mythtv-users] find_orphans and error?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 15:12:48 UTC 2015

On 01/23/2015 02:33 AM, paul wrote:

> Does look like there are two:-
>
> paul at MicroServer:~$  diff ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml ~/.mythtv/config.xml
> 21c21
> <   <LocalHostName></LocalHostName>
> ---
>  >   <LocalHostName>server</LocalHostName>
>
> paul at MicroServer:~$ ls -ld {~mythtv,~}/.mythtv/config.xml
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 mythtv mythtv 599 Sep 10 15:21 /home/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 paul   paul   605 Dec 21 16:50 /home/paul/.mythtv/config.xml

Hi,

That's good info, but I'm not sure it will fix the error. The backend is running
with the hostname (really a profile name inside MythTV) that's different from the
one used by your user. I'd remove the word "server" from your config.xml so that
they match (or possibly adjust the mythtv config.xml to use server too.) You get
to choose the solution. There's probably a /etc/mythtv/config.xml file too and
you could link the config.xml files of users mythtv and paul to it.

--
Bill