[mythtv-users] find_orphans and error?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 16:44:21 UTC 2015

On 01/21/2015 07:52 AM, paul wrote:

> Just had a look at mine, the ports are right, however the hostname is missing?
>
> BackendServerPort 6543 NULL
>
> I must admit your conversations are beyond my skill level, so how would a pleb fix this ? :-)
>
> Paul

That makes sense. The C++ code (e.g. backend/frontend etc.) tries to get the value
using the hostname, but if it fails (your case), it defaults to 6543. That explains
your original comment: "Everything else seems to work fine".

The Python bindings don't appear to use a default. Which is what got you here.

If you haven't already, then I'd suggest using the GUI (mythtv-setup) and update
the port's value. Stop the backend 1st. Even consider changing it to something
else, like 9999 and exit setup. Then restore it to 6543. You can use the SQL posted
here earlier to see if the change added the hostname.

Also, please do this from your favorite browser: yourBackend:6544/Myth/GetHostName
and paste the output here. You should see something like this:

     <String>yourHostNameAsKnownToMythTV</String>

--
Bill