[mythtv-users] Sleep mythfrontend from remote

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Tue Jan 20 22:25:25 UTC 2015

On 21/01/2015 3:42 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have a frontend in the bedroom and I want to configure to shutdown
> in a certain time (30/60/90 minutes). Maybe a bash script executed
> with a remote key.
>
> Anyone got it?
>
> Regards.

I have a script that monitors xscreensaver, waits until the screen has
been blanked (screensaver active) for 5 minutes (15 minutes if frontend
is playing a recording/video - xscreensaver will only activate when
recording/video playback is paused).  When screensaver is active for
defined time, then it shuts down the system, if playback was paused, it
sets a bookmark before shutting down.