[mythtv-users] Vintage TV - a UK Freeivew/Data Channel and MythTV

Charlie Myth charliemyth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 22:22:31 UTC 2015

Hello everyone

Just wanted to report back. I build a test Ubuntu 14.04 system, downloaded
a bunch of required dependencies and the current master from Mythtv git.
Configure/make/make installed it and then enabled enabled MHEG and IC (like
John said) and (after a few 10s of seconds) could watch live VintageTV via
an old WinTV-NOVA-TD 500 (i.e. a DVB-T, not a DVB-T2 card). Ran out of time
to experiment properly as to whether recordings worked - I suspect from the
previous trail it won't be simple.

Thanks everyone.