[mythtv-users] Sleep mythfrontend from remote

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 20 21:16:16 UTC 2015

On 01/20/2015 11:42 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have a frontend in the bedroom and I want to configure to shutdown
> in a certain time (30/60/90 minutes). Maybe a bash script executed
> with a remote key.
>
> Anyone got it?
>
> Regards.

Maybe this is what you want (these are the settings I use so that when
somebody goes away and leaves it running it eventually shuts down):

Front end idle
(Setup->Video->Playback) Live TV idle timeout 60
Setup->general->shutdown/reboot settings -> idle time before entering
standby mode (mins) -> 5

These apply to shutting off if you are watching live tv. If you are
watching a recording if will play to the end of it.

In conjunction with these I have a bash script that shuts down the
system when there is no connection to the backend.
This runs continuously

    while true ; do
        sleep 300
        if  $scriptpath/mythshutdown.sh ; then
            setsid $scriptpath/systemshutdown.sh || true
        fi
    done

This is part of monitor.sh. See the script and the other scripts here
http://mythtv-scripts.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/install/opt/mythtv/bin

Peter