[mythtv-users] mythcal updated for the new Google Calendar API

Richard Fearn richardfearn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 15:21:08 UTC 2015

>> $ git co 0.27
>
> (Assuming you meant git checkout 0.27.)

Sorry! I forgot that 'co' is a non-standard alias I use.

> I got a little farther this time.  The dry run succeeded, but it
> failed when trying to do actual updates:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./mythcal", line 309, in <module>
>     service.events().insert(calendarId = settings.calendar.id,
> body=event).execute()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oauth2client/util.py", line
> 132, in positional_wrapper
>     return wrapped(*args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/apiclient/http.py", line 723,
> in execute
>     raise HttpError(resp, content, uri=self.uri)
> apiclient.errors.HttpError: <HttpError 403 when requesting
> https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/calendars/lisaneric.org_48mhem25npugqnqkpqgen39sfo%40group.calendar.google.com/events?alt=json
> returned "Rate Limit Exceeded">
>
> About four days worth of recordings were added to the calendar, then
> it died.  You probably need to throttle this somehow when the number
> of recordings is large.

Yeah, someone else had the same problem. I need to look into this a
bit more. As you might have guessed I didn't see this problem at all
when I was testing in December :-) Then again, I didn't have many
recordings scheduled...

Richard

--
Richard Fearn