[mythtv-users] Time Warner encrypting everything. HDHR Prime with CableCard unable to record anything.

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Jan 14 08:18:15 UTC 2015

Running 0.27-fixes on Ubuntu 14.04
HD-HR Prime x 1 (3 tuners), HD-PVR x1

Hi all -
The Evil Empire has finally made good on its promise to encrypt all
channels, including the local broadcast stations.

HD-HR Prime is now unable to record anything.  CableCard is now useless
on Myth (at least I could previously use it to record the clear QAM
channels).  Of course it works on Winblows Media Center (did a short
test).

I've been running Linux on everything, and Myth for years, don't wish
to switch to Windows.

Pardon the dumb question...but do I have any recourse?  An antenna is
pretty much a no-go, as I'm in a real fringe area.  Right now the HD-PVR
is handling everything, which means only one recording at a time.

Thanks.