[mythtv-users] Issue booting with new GT 430, WAS: Recent occasional tearing with GT 430 Advanced 2x?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 23:09:20 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Jerry <mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com> wrote:

>> Before I send this back for a replacement, can anyone think of *any*
>> reason, short of simply being a defective card, that this would
>> happen?
>

> Does it require an additional power lead from your power supply?  I've had
> this happen to me before when I forget to plug in the extra wires.
>
> I'm not familiar with low profile cards but I know that the regular cards
> require extra power.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Jerry

No this card (just like my old one) requires no power lead.  None of
the low profile GT 730 cards I've looked at appear to.

As I mentioned in my reply, one of the reviews talks about another
older Dell model whose BIOS just wouldn't recognize that thing.  I'm
pretty sure that's what I've got going on.  I talked to newegg and
arranged a return / refund.  I'll order some other model / brand and
see how I make out.

Thanks!
Tom