[mythtv-users] tmdb3.py with/without year

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Mon Jan 12 16:51:28 UTC 2015

> > However, the first one is what I want, and the metadata shows
> > <year>1987</year>, so I'll add that to the filename, and maybe it will
> > filter out all the extraneous results.  Nope, now I get zero results:
> > # tmdb3.py -M "Predator 1987"

Change /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py
from MythTV.tmdb3 import searchMovie
into
from MythTV.tmdb3 import searchMovieWithYear

and use

tmdb3.py  -M "Predator (1987)"

Your files need to be in this format.

I looked also a long time how to minimize the results on a specific year,
investigated the tmdb api, etc. Till I noticed that everything already
exists, in tmdb_api.py:  the code is available under searchMovieWithYear.
I used it for a long time and never had issues, I think it should be the
default, as it also supports finding movies without a year.
Sometimes the date is incorrect and nothing is found, it would be great if
it makes a second search without the year.

Angela