[mythtv-users] MythTV User Status ??

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 13:58:56 UTC 2015

Hoi jim,

>> You shouldn't need to worry about where the DVD is mounted. In mythfrontend, it
>> will appear under a menu option once loaded, and you should be able to play it
>> directly.
>>
>> * Make sure you have libdvdcss installed. I'm not sure this is supplied with
>> mythtv because of various legal reasons. Without it, your DVD won't be
>> recognized. Been there, did that yesterday.
> I am running Linux Mint - if that makes a difference, and I did check to
> see that libdvdcss is installed. I can play a DVD successfully. I am
> just curious about the mounting location and user status. When I
> installed the Linux system I created one user called htpc. Even with
> MythTV up and running, BE and FE, when I run users at the command line I
> see only one user, and that is htpc. Would it hurt anything to create a
> user called mythtv and log into that user at startup? Would that have
> had to be done prior to installing MythTV?  Thanks.

users only shows logged in users, not existing users.
If you type less /etc/passwd, you see excisting users with their home
directories and login shell (a shell of /bin/false, sbin/nologin or
something like that means they cannot login, they are used by the
system or an installed program).

DO NOT TRY TO EDIT THE ABOVE FILE!!!

If you are logged in you can also easily find the home directory: cd
without anything moves you there.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven