[mythtv-users] Play files in a directory non-stop

Saul jaglover at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 01:36:17 UTC 2015

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 21:46:06 +0000
Gordon McCrae <gordon.mccrae at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/01/15 21:18, Saul wrote:
> > Is there a way to play all files in a directory consecutively?
> > I do know there is an option to set another file played after a
> > certain file ends, but how about playing the whole directory full
> > of files automatically?
> > For instance, I do have classic Tom and Jerry directory with 120+
> > files in it (methinks they all are classic art and not suitable for
> > children at all). All these files are about seven minutes long, it
> > is most annoying to grab for remote in every 7 minutes.
> > How can I make them to play one after another?
> >
> In MythVideo, with all of these video files in a single directory,
> lets say called "Tom and Jerry", select the top level folder and
> press "i" which will present you with a menu called "Video Options",
> the only option is "Play Folder", selecting this will play all videos
> in the selected folder.

Spoke too soon.

When I create a bookmark and return to it the whole list is forgotten.
Another example, I have Laurel & Hardy collection, I'd like to watch it
one after another, but it is obviously too much for one day or even a
week. So I'd like to carry on from where I left it.
Any way to do it without editing properties of every single file adding
the next file to be played?

--
Cheers, Saul