[mythtv-users] Virtual keyboard with MCE remote?

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 19:17:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

I can't seem to get the line edit virtual keyboard to pop up when using my
MCE remote (Ortek VRC-1100). I'm NOT using lirc; I verified with
ir-keytable that it is sending KEY_ENTER when I press either the OK button
or the Enter button on the remote. When I press either button on a text
edit field, it enters the field in edit mode and I can see the cursor in
the field, but it won't show the virtual keyboard. It does work on my other
MythTV machine (combined frontend/backend) using lirc, but that translates
KEY_ENTER to Return. I verified that "Use line edit virtual keyboard" is
selected under Setup->General (and also verified the setting using
MythWeb). Any help?

Thanks,

Karl