[mythtv-users] X11 freeze after screen blanking with Haswell mobile

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Fri Jan 9 04:08:15 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Matt Garman <matthew.garman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
> > Just to follow up on this--after I downgraded xscreensaver I still got a
> > freeze, so I upgraded my main frontend (Sandy Bridge) to xf86-video-intel
> > version 2.99.917. I'll see if that fixes it.
>
> Any success with this?  Or too early to say?
>
> Thanks!

Nope, that didn't fix it either. In fact it made it worse, because after it
froze I hit Esc and End and eventually it restarted X but it came back with
a black screen and I had to reboot. So I reverted to the latest stable
version (which was still freezing but at least recoverable). So I'm back on
xf86-video-intel 2.21.15. Oh, kernel 3.17.7 (with Gentoo patches) by the
way.

Karl