[mythtv-users] RPi,BPi,BBB mythtv backend setup can't find

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Jan 8 11:09:32 UTC 2015

On 08/01/15 03:21, Sebastian Niehaus wrote:
>> On 07/01/15 21:56, Bert Haskins wrote:
>>>
>>> My goal is to setup a mythtv backend on a Raspberry Pi or a Banana PI or a
>>> Beaglebone Black .
>
>> Have you defined the "deb-multimedia" repository in your sources.list? And
>> done 'apt-get update' afterwards?
>
> I don't think deb-multimedia provides binaries for ARM architectures.
>
>> The simple things are often the most obvious ones.
>
> Indeed.

Sorry, I missed that. I wasn't aware that there were repositories for ARM
architectures, which usually means building from source.

If there are such repositories, then that would be useful to know. As far as I
am aware, most people with ARM devices use an Android app or a version of xbmc.

--

Mike Perkins